Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica No.1) by Larissa Ione

Title: Pleasure Unbound (Demonica No.1)
Author: Larissa Ione
Pages: 389 pages
Published: June 20th, 2008
Read: October 16th, 2010
Synopsis: She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life.

Photobucket
Could I just say that I was super depressed that I had to return this book to the library!! I wanted to go back and read it again just for all of its yummy goodness and steamy love scenes. *prrrr*

From the synopsis above we find out that this story is about a demon slayer and a demon all wrapped up into a cozy love/sex affair. Really, It's all quite juicy and delicious and it starts off with a bang (literally). Okay, maybe not in the very very beginning, but no matter, it is still quite delicious. It starts off in a demon hospital where a demon of any kind can go and get fairly treated. I know... interesting....

Now I always try to make my reviews spoiler free for all those who haven't read the book, so here it goes:

I absolutely loved and adored Eidolon who happens to be a Seminus demon which I guess is a form of a succubus. He just seems so sweet and kind and downright gruff. I picture him as being one of those guys who is bad but who can be good. Okay, that sounds funny, but I had this conversation with one of my sisters and he totally foots the bill there. Plus, he sounds sexy as hell so I wouldn't mind taking him up against a wall....a rough wall at that.
"I'll bet you can make a woman throw out all her toys." (Tayla to Eidolon)
Then we have Tayla. She is the main female lead and the demon slayer. It cracked me up that they keep referring to her as "The Buffy". I liked Tayla for the shear fact that she kicked ass and didn't take crap from anyone. However *clears throat *....that little problem she suffered through for most of her life....uuhhh...can we say THAT WOULD TOTALLY SUCK!!! (Those who have read this know what I mean... can we say pain for the V!)
"So,uh, where am I, exactly ? And what do you plan on doing with me ?"

"You're at Underworld General Hospital. As you can probably guess, we specialize in nonhuman medical care. Our location is secret, so don't ask."

"UGH ? Your hospital is called 'ugh' ? Oh, that's precious." (Tayla to Eidolon)

So, that is kinda the gist of it without going into further detail and ruining plot points. I will say this though, you can't go wrong with a crazy ass whipping, sweet fights, succubus' that cook and some interesting things going on making me really want my very own tail (that's right, I said that!!) you'll want to read this book as soon as possible!

Rating: Incinerating Desire


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
website hit counter
Provided by website hit counters website.